- Features a tungsten carbide cutting blade with plastic breaking foot Rubber grip handle.
- Ideal for scoring glass and ceramic tiles.
How to Use:
- Decide upon the desired shapes for tile pieces that are to be used in the project at hand, whether it be for mosaics, a brick effect etc, etc. Use a Bright Ideas China Pencil to draw the shapes onto the tiles if you require a guideline when scoring.
- Score the tile using the Bright Ideas Combination Cutter by rolling the scoring wheel over the guide line. It is recommended that you apply a constant downward pressure, when scoring the tile.Listen out for a scratching noise which will indicate enough pressure is being applied.
- Next position the braking foot over the score mark, ensuring that the cutters breaking foot is positioned central to the score mark
- Squeeze the handle of the tile cutter until the tile snaps. Keep in mind that the thinner the tile the easier it will snap.
- Repeat this process for the project design you’re following.